SCOPH (Standing Committee on Public Health) was established in 1952 by medical students of International Federation of Medical Student Associations (IFMSA). SCOPH aims to develop the ability to cooperate and explore idea of public health related issue including global health issue, health regulation and activity that is related with education and promotion of health. With a proper health education to all elements of society, we hope health problem in community, including heart disease, vascular disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Cancer, Smoking and Alcoholism, will be decreased.
SCOPH, led by NPO (National Public Health Officer), is engaged in the field of public health, community development, and many other public health issues such as social determinants on health, non-communicable diseases, universal health care (health financing), and infectious disease.
- to improve awareness and knowledge of the community about public health
- to trigger Indonesian medical students’ awareness about public health related issues
- to facilitate Indonesian medical students’ activity in public health
- to provide opportunities for medical student’s to be involved in a real work concerning public health
- to create programs (of public health) that are fit with Indonesia’s current conditions and needs.
- to cooperate and to build partnership with governmental organization and/or non-governmental organization