SCORP is one of the six standing committees that engaged in the field of human rights and peace. SCORP facilitates all Indonesian medical students who have an interest and desire to know the issues related to human rights and peace in Indonesia and other countries. SCORP pays attention to refugees, internally displaced people and vulnerable people because this group is the most vulnerable human rights violated, especially rights in the health field. SCORP has four domains of work which are pre and post disaster management, universal health coverage, refugees’ health, and vulnerable people.
- To provide education in the field of human rights and peace.
- To increase of awareness and educate prospective health professionals in the field of health systems refugees, displaced persons and other vulnerable people.
- To establish a culture of peace, conflict prevention, and respect for human rights.
- To be ready to act in order to achieve a solution to achieve peace over conflicts.
- To establish and develop multidisciplinary cooperation relating to SCORP’s work fields.
- To participate, both within the local, national, and international, in the field of refugees/IDPS, displaced persons, and other vulnerable people.
- To cooperate with NGOs to create projects or activities related to SCORP’s work fields.
SCORP Mission Statement
“To promote human rights and peace, as future health care professionals we work towars empowering and improving the health of refugees and other vulnerable people.”
(taken from CIMSA Organization Profile)