SCORE involves more than 70 active National Member Organizations, offering over 2800 research projects to provide more than 1800 medical students worldwide the opportunity to participate in IFMSA research exchange program and learn the basic principles of medical research such as literature studies, collecting data, scientific writing, lab work, statistics, and ethical aspects related to the medicine.
- To provide research projects in medical curricula in order enabling medical students worldwide to take responsibility for their own curriculum according to their personal interests and to introduce them to the basic principles of medical research.
- To increase the mobility and widen the horizon of medical students worldwide providing them with the possibility to experience different approaches in medical research, education, and treatment by partaking in research projects in other countries.
- To enhance the academic quality of the medical student curricula and achieve educational benefits of practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of medical research either on basic science or on clinical science with or without lab work.
- To facilitate collaboration and partnership between different medical universities/schools, research institutions, and allied medical students across the globe in order to share and spread new achievements in the field of medical research.
- To maintain affordable research exchange tuition through its governing body to insure that medical students within the different IFMSA NMOs across the world can participate in this IFMSA program without incurring a financial burden.
SCORE Mission Statement
“To offer future physicians an opportunity to experience research work and the diversity of countries all over the world. Also to develop both culturally sensitive students and skilled researchers intent on shaping the world of science in the upcoming future”
(taken from CIMSA Organization Profile)